"I recently participated in Joshua Young's Acting Workshop and I am glad I did! I have long respected Joshua's keen insight and passion for the process of acting and his in-depth knowledge of the industry. I highly recommend this workshop to the beginner actor as well as long standing professionals looking to continue exploring and fine tuning this wonderful craft. Because the training never ends!"Actor - Mike Pellerin
- Learn your lines and character faster than ever without pointless hours wasted with old memorization techniques
- Develop an in-depth knowledge about what producers from other film cities such as L.A, New York, Toronto and Vancouver are looking for from someone who has worked in many of the cities, as well as someone has been trained by the most sought-after coaches in the cities.
- Connect with your character so much, you never have to ask, "what's my line?" The right ones always come out. (I know this may sound unbelievable to some, but it's easier than you can imagine.
- Receive an HD copy of your performance to use in your demo reel.
- Receive my infamous e-book on the business of acting and voice acting (FREE for those who attend).
Registration is Open
This workshop will be a fun and intense weekend workshop, where you learn what casting directors, producers and directors from Halifax-to-Hollywood want to see at every audition and when you are on set. You'll learn secrets on how to have a great audition no matter if you have no lines, one line, or ten pages with only hours to learn your character.
Note: You will receive video files of your final performances to show to agents, casting directors and include in your Demo/Show Reel.
Date: September 27th, Friday: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Date: September 28th, Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm (with breaks and 30min lunch)
Date: September 29th, Sunday:10:00am - 5:00pm (with breaks and 30min lunch)
Date: October 3rd, Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm (Follow-up)
Note: If you cannot attend the follow-up workshop, an individual follow-up session can be arranged.
Where: Halifax, Nova Scotia (exact downtown location will given out to those who register).
Cost: $220.00 (Tax included)
Class Size: 10 Max
Ages: 13 to 200. I don't train anyone older than 200 years old. Sorry.
What you will receive:
- HD video copy of your performances.
- E-book on the Business of Acting
- Personalized review of your performances and individual career advice.
- Most importantly, you will be more confident than ever with your acting choices and auditioning.
A quick bit about me:
- 18 years Film and Voice Acting in Halifax, Toronto and Vancouver.
- 11 years coach actors and voice actors, from beginner to award winning.
- Coached by award winning acting coaches and casting directors from hit Hollywood movies and television shows. See the 'About' page or 'Testimonials' for more information.
- Currently an Episodic Director for an Animation Series.
Thanks to the amazing training I have received from teachers such as Casting Director Janet Hirshenson (Harry Potter, A Few Good Men, Transformers) and Acting Coaches such as Jeb Beach (Fringe, Rise of the Planet of the Apes) and Tony Alcantar (Acting/Vocal Coach for the Fargo TV Series), I quickly learned the techniques to handle every kind audition as well as learn the secrets to what casting directors and producers are looking for with each level of character. You may want to only act in Halifax, but most producers and directors come from the bigger cities. So our standards and talents must match that!
If you have technical difficulties with the registration form below, please try a second time. If after that you still have challenges, e-mail Joshua directly at: email@example.com for further instruction.