Not sure you qualify for this workshop? Send me a message by emailing email@example.com
Who can attend: Actors who have taken my Actor / Principal / Lead workshop or actors with more than 3 years experience acting.
- Learn script analysis by a screenwriter who has placed repeatedly in the Top 50 of some of Hollywood's top screenwriting contests.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge about what producers and casting directors are really looking for from someone trained by the, among others, the Casting Directors from Glee, Harry Pottery and other hit shows and films.
- Learn advanced blocking and how to ADD to the scene to give the director and cast options on the day.
- Understand how there is no one method in Hollywood and discover the options famous actors use in order to create their character.
- Bring YOU to every role and learn the difference between a 'character actor' and a regular one is simply how many layers you add, but you start with you.
- The days will be filled with live video playback of performances, blocking, both individual and group and a lot more.
- Receive an HD copy of your performance to use in your demo reel.
Registration is Open
This workshop will be a fun and intense weekend workshop, where you learn what casting directors, producers and directors from Halifax-to-Hollywood want to see at every audition and when you are on set. You'll learn secrets on how to have a great audition no matter if you have no lines, one line, or ten pages with only hours to learn your character.
Note: You will receive video files of your final performances to show to agents, casting directors and include in your Demo/Show Reel.
Date: September 13th, Friday: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Date: September 14th, Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm (with breaks and 30min lunch)
Date: September 15th, Sunday:10:00am - 5:00pm (with breaks and 30min lunch)
Where: Halifax, Nova Scotia (exact downtown location will given out to those who register).
Cost: $180.00 (Tax included)
Class Size: 10 Max
Ages: 13 to 200. I don't train anyone older than 200 years old. Sorry.
A quick bit about me:
- 18 years Film and Voice Acting in Halifax, Toronto and Vancouver.
- 11 years coach actors and voice actors, from beginner to award winning.
- Coached by award winning acting coaches and casting directors from hit Hollywood movies and television shows. See the 'About' page or 'Testimonials' for more information.
- Currently an Episodic Director for an Animation Series.
Thanks to the amazing training I have received from teachers such as Casting Director Janet Hirshenson (Harry Potter, A Few Good Men, Transformers) and Acting Coaches such as Jeb Beach (Fringe, Rise of the Planet of the Apes) and Tony Alcantar (Acting/Vocal Coach for the Fargo TV Series), I quickly learned the techniques to handle every kind audition as well as learn the secrets to what casting directors and producers are looking for with each level of character. You may want to only act in Halifax, but most producers and directors come from the bigger cities. So our standards and talents must match that!
If you have technical difficulties with the registration form below, please try a second time. If after that you still have challenges, e-mail Joshua directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further instruction.